Tue, 09 Feb 2021
The RAID controller crashed and took some index informations with it. Rebuilding index
now which will take some time. No deliveries for a couple of hours
Tue, 03 Nov 2020
Reorganizing backend storage from Maildir to mdbox to save space and make it possible
to backup again. This will most likely take some days to go through. New mails will be
immediatly in the new backend, old mails will be migrated.
Wed, 08 Nov 2017
I updated the hardware for wasteland switched to a much newer distribution with the result
that stuff in the IMAP backend store changed. I needed to introduce a different Namespace seperator
which made addresses like donald.trump "impossible". I had to introduce some workarounds
to actually fix this.
Mon, 28 Nov 2016
Since the update the service was broken. New mails arrived but were not put into the correct folders. The bug is fixed and old mails are beeing sorted to their correct folder as i write. This may take some hours to complete. While at it i fixed some issues with the mail handling of wasteland.zz.de which was available as web domain but not the mail part.
Thu, 17 Nov 2016
Thanks to Let's Encrypt Wasteland switched to https and publishes HSTS records so you automatically will be redirected
Thu, 21 Aug 2014
Still running well. While having a look i found and fixed a little bug where mails
with an empty subject could not be opened.
Wed, 03 Apr 2013
I got pointed to a utf-8 bug in the mailbox overview. Should be fixed now.
Tue, 01 Mar 2011
wasteland moved to new hardware and new lcoation. While at it
the backend changed from maildir and some self written C code to parse
to IMAP as the backend and loads of perl.
Sun, 30 Dec 2007
wasteland moved to new hardware and while moving i found a couple
of bugs in the parsing of mails and various other details.
Thu, 09 Feb 2006
After having a look at the "test" mailbox i found it beeing very long and
unusable. I reversed the sort order of the mailbox (newest at the top) and limited
the number of messages to 50. Later i will add paging of mailbox output.
Sun, 29 May 2005
Fixed some mail delivery issues with uppercase letters. Now all
mailbox names get converted to lowercase everywhere which makes TeSt
the same as test. Same applies to the web frontend.
Wed, 25 May 2005
Fixed some URL encoding in the cgis and by the way renamed them to not
include endings which can help to guess the language written in.
Also played a bit with preparing an RSS feed from an inbox. Seems to
work quite well. Need to fix some more character encoding translation
e.g. ISO-8859 to UTF-8 etc.
Fixed some CSS margins and paddings to make mail view a little nicer.